The consular section is still closed for routine services and we have not yet determined when we will resume normal operations. We are receiving many inquiries daily and many people are unsure of who to contact with their questions and issues. Before reaching out, please visit both the VAC website: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do_es/index.html and our website: https://do.usembassy.gov/es/ for the most updated information. Thank you for your patience as our capacity to respond to inquiries evolves.
Who should contact the visa units in Santo Domingo?
- Visa applicants with emergency cases or specific questions.
- Emergency travelers.
- Transit travelers.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-829-956-5144
Who should contact the immigrant visa unit in Santo Domingo?
- U.S. lawful permanent residents whose green cards have been lost, stolen, or damaged, and who have an urgent need to travel to the US.
- U.S. lawful permanent residents who have an approved 1-131 and have received notification from USCIS that their re-entry permit has been sent to Santo Domingo to request an appointment to pick up their document.
Who should contact the National Visa Center?
- Petitioners and applicants who are in the process of submitting documents or have not yet received a visa interview date.
Who should contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services?
- U.S. lawful permanent residents who are currently outside of the United States with questions about residency.
- Dominican citizens who are currently in the United States and are concerned about overstaying their visas.
Who should contact American Citizen Services in Santo Domingo?
- U.S. citizens in the Dominican Republic who require emergency services.
Contact: SDOAmericans@state.gov or call 1-809-567-7775
Follow our social media @EmbajadaUSAenRD and check our website for up-to-date information: https://do.usembassy.gov/new-curfew-hours-flight-cancellations-and-covid-preparedness/