Applying for a U.S. Passport
There are two simple steps to apply for a passport:
Complete the Proper Application – New electronic passport application forms for all passport services, including passport renewals, are now available. Please complete your passport application on-line using the Passport Application Wizard. When you have completed the form – providing all of the requested information – print it out and bring it with you to your appointment together with the required supporting documents. Based on your responses, which must be accurate, your computer will print the completed application on the correct form. Applications must be printed on separate sheets of paper; DO NOT print this form on front and back of the same sheet.
Helpful Hints for Passport Wizard:
- Be sure to select the “Create Form” button at the end of the application, print out the completed passport form, and bring it with you to the appointment
- You will have to list a zip code in the electronic form, even for overseas addresses. For overseas addresses, use “00000” for the zip code.
- Ignore pages one and two of the printed instruction pages, as they do not apply when applying for your passport in the Dominican Republic. Follow the instructions on this website
- If you have questions in regards to the Passport Application Wizard, please email inquiries to SDOAmericans@state.gov
Make Your Appointment. All U.S. Citizen Services with the exception of adults 18 and over applying for their first passport are provided at the Consular Agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend that you use the Consular Agencies for services if they are closer to your geographical location. For example, Puerto Plata provides services to Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana and any of the cities along the North Coast. Punta Cana provides services to Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any of the cities along the East Coast. The Agencies tend to have shorter wait times and be less crowded.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency or Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 for Punta Cana or calling telephone numbers (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 for Puerto Plata. To cancel an appointment at the Consular Agencies, please email or call the respective Consular Agency. The Consular Section in Santo Domingo accepts passport applications by appointment only.
Instructions for Santo Domingo Only: Choose the day and time of your passport appointment via our online booking system and receive an immediate confirmation. There are 4 options when making a passport appointment:
1. Passport services other than adding pages.
Choose this option for ALL other passport services not related to reporting the birth of a child born in the Dominican Republic.
2. Report the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen and/or apply for the child’s first passport, Report of Birth and Social Security Number.
3. Request notarial and other services not listed above. DO NOT select this option if applying for passport services.
Helpful Hints for Appointments in Santo Domingo:
- Make your appointment early. Slots can fill up quickly.
- If you don’t have an email address for the required field, just enter firstname.lastname@example.org. We like e-mail addresses though because they help us notify you should there be unforeseen circumstances that affect your appointment. We do not share them and they drop out of the system after the appointment date.
- Print out a copy of your appointment confirmation and bring it with you.
- You can also cancel an appointment in Santo Domingo through the online booking system.
- You must cancel an appointment you have made and will not use. If you do not cancel a duplicate appointment online, you risk delayed or denied entry to the Consular Building.
Also, by failing to cancel your unused appointment, you are unfairly taking an appointment away from someone who genuinely and urgently needs to travel.
Applicants are not admitted to the Consular building until the time of their scheduled appointment. Please arrive approximately (15) fifteen minutes before the appointment time so that you are ready to clear security and enter the waiting area at your appointment time. Appointments are subject to cancellation for applicants who arrive more than (15) fifteen minutes after their scheduled time. Applicants who arrive late must make a new appointment via the ACS website.
Who can come to the appointment?
Due to limited space in our waiting room, only the applicant whose name appears on the appointment list and who presents his appointment confirmation sheet will be admitted into the consular building. Minors, the elderly and handicapped may be accompanied by parents, guardian and/or an assistant at the discretion of consular staff.
You can check the status of your passport application online at: