Children must appear in person accompanied by both parents (unless one parent has sole legal and physical custody of the child, or only one parent’s name is listed on the child’s birth certificate).
Parents who are not able to attend the appointment must submit a notarized form DS-3053 (PDF, 83.4 KB) Statement of Consent. A copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must be attached to the form. Note: Form DS-3053 must be notarized in the United States or at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If a parent is in the Dominican Republic, he/she must come to the Consular Section in person to sign the passport application.
Please bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Certified birth certificate (showing parents’ names) and a copy
- Application form DS-11 completed ONLINE and printed. Application forms filled out by hand are NOT Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer or Consular Agent.
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport and a photocopy of the bio/photo page
- Application fee (U.S. dollars or Dominican pesos).
- Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
- Photo identification of both parents (present the originals and submit one copy of each parent per applying child)
- Notarized written consent of any parent not present with the child
- Transition photos of the child over the years since the issuance of the previous passport and up to date.