Limited appointments are available. To schedule your appointment in Santo Domingo, please use our online appointment system.
For appointments at the Consular Agency in Punta Cana, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may contact the Consular Agency by calling (809) 552-8990.
Minors age 16 or 17 may renew their passport by themselves if they have their own identification document. Applicants must show that at least one parent or guardian knows they are applying for a passport. The passport application may be denied if we have received written objection from one of the applicant’s parents or legal guardians.
How to Show Parental Awareness:
- A parent or legal guardian appearing with the applicant in person when they apply for the passport. The parent or legal guardian will also sign the passport application. Bring a photocopy of that parent or guardian’s ID.
- A signed, notarized statement consenting to issuance of a passport from at least one parent or legal guardian. The statement should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent or guardian’s ID.
Please bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Your most recent U.S. passport and a copy
- Application form DS-11 completed ONLINE and printed. Application forms filled out by hand are NOT accepted. Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
- Application fee (U.S. dollars or Dominican pesos).
- Certified birth certificate (showing parents’ names) and a copy
- Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
- Photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, cedula)
- Proof of parental awareness, as explained above
- Transition photos of the applicant over the years since the issuance of the previous passport and up to date.