You may obtain a new United States passport using application Form DS-82, provided you meet all four of the following requirements:
- You have a passport that is not damaged; and
- It was issued within the past 15 years; and
- You were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name in your most recent passport (or you can legally document your name change)
You must make an appointment.
In Santo Domingo, you need to make an appointment using our online appointment system.
Please arrive with all required documents during your scheduled appointment time via the online appointment system or confirmed via email.
All U.S. Citizen Services with the exception of adults over 18 applying for their first passport are provided at the Consular Agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend that you use the Consular Agencies for services if they are closer to your geographical location. For example, Puerto Plata provides services to Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana and any of the cities along the North Coast. Punta Cana provides services to Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any of the cities along the East Coast. The Agencies tend to have shorter wait times and be less crowded.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency or Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 for Punta Cana or calling telephone numbers (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 for Puerto Plata.
The day of your appointment, bring the following documents with you to the consular section:
- Form DS-82. IMPORTANT: You must print your application form after filling it out ONLINE, and bring it with you to your appointment. Hand-written filled application forms are NOT accepted.
- Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background
- Your most recent U. S. passport and a copy of the bio page. In Santo Domingo, copies can be obtained inside the Consular waiting area. At the Consular Agencies, please bring copies with you to your appointment.
- Photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, cédula)
- Transition photos of the applicant over the years since the issuance of the previous passport.
After entering the Consular Section, your documents will be quickly reviewed for completion; you will be asked to pay the fee and will be provided a receipt and ticket. You will then proceed to the courier service desk who will arrange for delivery within three weeks.
Passport renewals may also be accepted at our Consular Agencies in Puerto Plata and Punta Cana. If renewing your passport in Puerto Plata or Punta Cana is more convenient, please call to make an appointment at (809) 586-4204 or (809) 586-8017 in Puerto Plata, and (809) 552-8990 in Punta Cana.