Adult First – Time Passport Issuance
To apply for a passport, please use our Passport Navigator. The Passport Navigator will ask you a series of simple questions to make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo. You must apply in person for a first-time passport.
If you are traveling within two weeks and need an emergency passport, please follow the instructions in the Passport Navigator.
You will need to bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Original U. S. birth certificate and a copy (if born in the U.S)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240) and a copy (if born outside of the U.S.)
- Naturalization Certificate or Citizenship Certificate and a copy (if U.S. citizenship was acquired after birth)
- Application form DS-11 completed ONLINE and printed. Application forms filled out by hand are NOT accepted. Do not sign the application until you are requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
- Application fee (U.S. dollars or Dominican pesos).
- Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
- Photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, cedula)
Applicants born in the United States must provide extensive evidence of his/her birthplace, identity, and citizenship. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical records and photos documenting the mother’s pregnancy and birth of the applicant in the United States.
- Family photos from the applicant’s infancy to the present, especially photos in the U.S.
- School records in the U.S. (if available)