U.S. Passport Services in the Dominican Republic
The American Citizens Services unit at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo only accept passport application forms that have been completed online and printed prior to an appointment to renew or replace a passport. You can find and complete an application form at https://pptform.state.gov/. Once complete, print the application form and bring it, along with all other required documents, to your appointment.
All U.S. Citizen Services with the exception of adults over 18 applying for their first passport are provided at the Consular Agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend that you use the Consular Agencies for services if they are closer to your geographical location. For example, Puerto Plata provides services to Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana and any of the cities along the North Coast. Punta Cana provides services to Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any of the cities along the East Coast. The Agencies tend to have shorter wait times and be less crowded.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency or Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 for Punta Cana or calling telephone numbers (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 for Puerto Plata. Please see specific instructions below for the different types of passport applications.
- Photo requirements for applicants
- Additional Information about U. S. Passports
- Earlier Appointment/Emergency Travel
- Correcting a mistake in your passport
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport Replacements
- Replace an Emergency Passport
- Documentary evidence needed to process an application for a U.S. Passport
- Passport Verification Checklist (PDF – 310 Kb)
- Check the status of your passport application online
- Child Support Payments & Getting a U.S. Passport
- Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP)
To make an appointment for services in Santo Domingo, please click on the following link to go directly to our online appointment system.
NOTE: Multiple appointments – those made for the same individual but on different days – will be cancelled. They will not be rescheduled. You will then have to make a new appointment through the online scheduling system. The embassy will not consider a request to expedite a new appointment if your original one was cancelled for this reason.