If you need emergency assistance, contact us through email at SDOAmericans@state.gov or 809-567-777.
Emergency passports for American citizens with immediate travel plans to the U.S. are available. Please come prepared to the Embassy with all the required documents Monday through Thursday at 7:00am. A full list of requirements can be found here: https://do.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/. Note: No applications will be accepted after 11am.
Adult passport renewal applications may now be submitted by mail in some cases. More information available here
For more information on COVID-19 and local regulations go to https://do.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ and enroll in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
U.S. Passport Services in the Dominican Republic
The American Citizens Services unit at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo only accepts passport application forms that have been completed online. Adult passport renewals may be completed by mail in certain cases. All other passport applications must be printed prior to an in-person appointment to renew or replace a passport. You can find and complete an application form at https://pptform.state.gov/. Once complete, print the application form mail it with supporting documentation, or bring it, along with all other required documents, to your in-person appointment.
All U.S. Citizen Services with the exception of adults over 18 applying for their first passport are provided at the Consular Agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend that you use the Consular Agencies for services if they are closer to your geographical location. For example, Puerto Plata provides services to Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana and any of the cities along the North Coast. Punta Cana provides services to Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any of the cities along the East Coast. The Agencies tend to have shorter wait times and be less crowded.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency or Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 for Punta Cana or calling telephone numbers (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 for Puerto Plata. Please see specific instructions below for the different types of passport applications.
- Photo requirements for applicants
- Additional Information about U. S. Passports
- Earlier Appointment/Emergency Travel
- Adult first-time Passport Issuance (age 16 and older)
- Children first-time Issuances (under age 16)
- Adult Mail-In Passport Renewal (age 16 and older)
- Adult In-Person Passport Renewal (age 16 and older)
- Children Passport Renewal (under age 16)
- Correcting a mistake in your passport
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport Replacements
- Replace an Emergency Passport
- Documentary evidence needed to process an application for a U.S. Passport
- Passport Verification Checklist (PDF – 310 Kb)
- Check the status of your passport application online
- Child Support Payments & Getting a U.S. Passport
- Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP)
To make an appointment for services in Santo Domingo, please click on the following link to go directly to our online appointment system.
NOTE: Multiple appointments – those made for the same individual but on different days – will be cancelled. They will not be rescheduled. You will then have to make a new appointment through the online scheduling system. The embassy will not consider a request to expedite a new appointment if your original one was cancelled for this reason.