Fees and Forms of Payment

Passport Books

  • First-Time passport or replacement for lost/stolen/mutilated passport: $165.00 or equivalent in Dominican pesos
  • Adult passport routine renewal fee: $130.00 or equivalent in Dominican peso
  • Children’s Passports (under 16 years old): $135.00 or equivalent in Dominican pesos
  • Amendments within one year with appropriate documentation: No Fee

Passport Cards

  • Adult Passport Card Renewal: U.S. $30.00 equivalent in Dominican pesos
  • Child Passport Card (under age 16): U.S. $15.00 or equivalent in Dominican pesos

 Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA):  U.S. $100.00 equivalent in Dominican pesos

 Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) fees are non-refundable processing fees and are retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport and CRBA are issued.

There is a DOMEX Courier Service Fee to deliver the passport books, passport cards, and CRBAs:  USD $12.00 or Dominican pesos equivalent for deliveries within the Santo Domingo city limits, and USD $16.00 or Dominican pesos equivalent for the rest of the country.

Notarial Services

  • $50.00 for first service or equivalent in Dominican pesos
  • $50.00 for each additional seal at same time for same transaction or equivalent in Dominican pesos

Forms of Payment

In addition to U.S. dollar or Dominican peso cash payments for the services above, we also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Card, and American Express credit cards that list the cardholder’s name on the card. We also accept U.S. Travelers Cheques and U.S. postal money orders made payable to “American Embassy Santo Domingo.”

For routine adult passport renewals (using form DS-82) you can pay online through pay.govhttps://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/607957567

Please be aware that our Consular Agencies are only able to accept payments in cash in U.S. dollars or the equivalent fee in Dominican pesos.  The Consular Agencies do not accept credit cards, U.S. Travelers Cheques, or U.S. postal money orders.

We do not accept personal checks at the Embassy or at our Consular Agencies.