Report of Birth Abroad

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. The child’s parents can apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen.

According to U.S. law, a CRBA is proof of U.S. citizenship and may be used to obtain a U.S. passport and register for school in the United States, among other purposes.

Learn more about applying for a CRBA in the Dominican Republic:

Fees and payment

The Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) fees are a non-refundable processing fees and are retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport and CRBA are issued.

  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) – $100 or local equivalent
  • All minor applicants (under 16 years old)– $115 or local equivalent
  • Children’s passports (16 years and older) – $145 or local equivalent

We accept cash (Dominican pesos and U.S. dollars) and all major credit cards.