Have a U.S. passport that you would like to renew? Don’t want to have to deal with long lines at the Embassy? You may be eligible for our new Thursday afternoon appointments if you meet these criteria:
- You have a passport that is not damaged; and
- It was issued within the past 15 years; and
- You were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name in your most recent passport (or you can legally document your name change)
If you find yourself eligible for this new passport renewal appointment opportunity,just take the following steps:
- Send us an email at SDOPassportRENEWALS@state.gov with your full name, date of birth, and current passport number.
- You will receive an email reply with your confirmed appointment date and time.
- Follow the directions in the email regarding what documents to bring.
- Arrive on your scheduled appointment day and time
It’s that easy! Please remember that this process is not for emergency or imminent travel.