The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA) Program will bring international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program to participate in academic seminars for professional development at a host university and to observe and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
- Take part in tailored graduate-level seminars at a U.S. host university
- Observe classes, co-teach, and share their expertise with U.S. colleagues in U.S. secondary schools
- Engage in an online professional learning community with other participants to share best practices and other elements of host and home country educational systems
- Take part in other educational and cultural activities while on program in the United States
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions
- Serving primarily a local population
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience of full-time teaching, with a preference for those who have completed at least five years of full-time teaching
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Citizen and resident of the Dominican Republic
*Apply between February 15 and March 28, 2021. Applicants will be notified whether they will progress to the next application phase after March 28, 2021.
What the program covers:
Travel: Teachers will receive an international airline ticket and a travel allowance to cover the cost of checked bags and incidental expenses for travel to their program.
Housing: Participants live on campus or close to campus in individual dorms or bedrooms as designated by the university. Dependents cannot accompany teachers during the program.
Maintenance Allowance: Each Fulbright teacher will receive a maintenance allowance during the program to cover expenses such as supplies for classes, household items, personal items, and cultural and other activities.
To apply, go to: https://fulbright.irex.org/