Locations: Cities and towns throughout the Dominican Republic
Event: Election Security Precaution
The Dominican Republic will hold federal elections on Sunday, July 5, 2020. This could result in large crowds and/or protests, particularly near voting locations, and may disrupt traffic.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your daily plans and a way to reach you.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Make contingency plans to leave.
- Carry a photocopy of your passport biographic data page.
- Keep a cell phone with you with important numbers programmed.
- U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Website: https://do.usembassy.gov/or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
- Dominican Republic Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for security updates
- Visit Ready.Gov for information on emergency preparedness.