An official website of the United States government

Replace a limited validity passport (or Emergency)

IF the passport is still valid for travel

Send the following to the Embassy via DOMEX

  • Your valid emergency passport and a photocopy
  • Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
  • Form DS-5504, completed online, printed and signed
  • if the application is for a minor child, one parent should sign.

IF the passport has expired, please see the correct category for passport renewals