To be eligible for an interview waiver, children who are 13 years old or younger must:
- Have been born in the Dominican Republic and hold a Dominican passport
- Have at least one parent who holds a valid 10-year B1/B2 visa or is renewing his/her visa at the same time as the child
- Submit an original, complete, and legalized birth certificate (acta de nacimiento inextensa) and a copy of the parents’ valid visa(s)
- Have completely and accurately filled out all sections of the DS-160 online application
- Please note if either one of the parents is a legal permanent resident (LPR) or a U.S. citizen, the child does not qualify for an interview waiver and he/she will have to schedule a regular appointment
- The child is not eligible for the interview waiver if the most recent visa application was refused, and was not subsequently overcome by the issuance of a full-validity visa
For more details see: Apply for a U.S. Visa | Visas for Children – Dominican Republic (English) (ustraveldocs.com)
NOTE: Children aged 13 or under do not need to attend the VAC appointment, however the parents must bring a 2X2” (50 mm by 50 mm) photograph taken against a white background to the VAC appointment. Please see photograph requirements here.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, @EmbajadaUSAenRD for updates and additional information on consular issues.