Health Alert – U.S. Embassy U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (March 14, 2020)
Location: Dominican Republic
Event: The government of The Dominican Republic has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of The Dominican Ministry of Health for additional information on these measures.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
U.S. government personnel are advised to practice social distancing and not to congregate in large groups.
U.S. citizens subject to testing or isolation should contact U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 U.S. Embassy website for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Dominican Republic Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter