Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (January 20, 2021)
Location: Dominican Republic
The following health information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- The U.S. Embassy has prepared a list of private testing providers in the Dominican Republic. Local service providers can administer a COVID-19 test, with results typically available within 72 hours. Please note the test must be a viral test (PCR or antigen) and NOT an antibody test. The Embassy cannot administer or pay for tests. The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability, reputation, or quality of services provided by the entities on this list.
- Some resorts and hotels may offer testing onsite as well as some clinics or labs on this list may offer “home visits” at an additional cost. Please contact your hotel or the laboratory directly for details.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates