Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (January 26, 2021)
Location: Dominican Republic
The following information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- All travelers to the United States should continue to monitor the CDC website for testing and quarantine requirements, including state and local regulations related to travel.
- Beginning January 27, the government of the Dominican Republic has issued a revised curfew nationwide. Failure to follow the curfew, including for U.S. citizens, may result in arrest and/or fines. Full details on the curfew can be found at: https://presidencia.gob.do/
Monday through Friday: Curfew from 7pm to 5am, with a grace period for transit until 10pm each day.
Saturday and Sunday: Curfew from 5pm to 5am, with a grace period for transit until 8pm each day.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook