Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (January 18, 2021)
Location: Dominican Republic
The following health information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Both PCR and antigen testing are available from a variety of private laboratories and facilities. Two of the largest are Referencia and Amadita which have branches throughout the country, have some English language options, and are increasing capacity to meet demand. Travelers should work with their hotels and tour operators to identify and schedule available testing in time to meet their travel needs. For additional details please see our Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook