U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services administers the nation’s lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and promise by efficiently and fairly adjudicating requests for immigration benefits while protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.
We are the 18,000 government employees and contractors of USCIS working at 250 offices across the world. Achieving our goals becomes possible when the different elements of our organization are engaged and acting as partners working toward a common outcome. USCIS’ strategic goals include:
- Strengthening the security and integrity of the immigration system.
- Providing effective customer-oriented immigration benefit and information services.
- Supporting immigrants’ integration and participation in American civic culture.
- Promoting flexible and sound immigration policies and programs.
- Strengthening the infrastructure supporting the USCIS mission.
- Operating as a high-performance organization that promotes a highly talented workforce and a dynamic work culture.
For additional information about USCIS, please visit our main website at www.uscis.gov