Dominican Republic – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the Dominican Republic, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Read the country information page for the Dominican Republic.
If you decide to travel to the Dominican Republic:
· Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
· Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive watches or jewelry.
· Follow the advice of resort and tour operators regarding local safety and security concerns
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Review the Crime and Safety Report for the Dominican Republic.
· U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates