In connection with a revision of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) process methodology for determining COVID-19 Travel Health Notice (THN) levels, the Travel Advisory levels issued by the Department of State will no longer factor into be determined based on a country’s THN level, except due to extraordinary circumstances.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to the Dominican Republic.
If you decide to travel to the Dominican Republic:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive watches or jewelry.
- Follow the advice of resort and tour operators regarding local safety and security concerns.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for the Dominican Republic.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook