In connection with a revision of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) process methodology for determining COVID-19 Travel Health Notice (THN) levels, the Travel Advisory levels issued by the Department of State will no longer factor into be determined based on a country’s THN level, except due to extraordinary circumstances.
The Travel Advisory level for the Dominican Republic remains unchanged. The Travel Advisory will continue to feature CDC THN levels and a link to the CDC Travel Health Information Page.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to the Dominican Republic.
If you decide to travel to the Dominican Republic:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive watches or jewelry.
- Follow the advice of resort and tour operators regarding local safety and security concerns.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for the Dominican Republic.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook