An official website of the United States government

Correct an error on a passport

Within 1 year of issue date, submit the following documents

What to mail to the Embassy

  • Your current, valid passport and a photocopy
  • Two 2″ by 2″ (5 cm x 5 cm) color photos (front view, full face and plain white or off-white background.
  • Form DS 5504 completed online, printed, and signed.
    • Please note: if the application is for a minor, one of the parents should sign.