While the Embassy remains closed for routine visa services, the Consular Section has expanded the criteria for nonimmigrant interview waiver eligible cases to include first time minor applicants.
How do minors qualify for interview waiver?
To be eligible for the interview waiver, children who are 13 years old or younger must:
- Have been born in Dominican Republic and hold a Dominican passport
- Have at least one parent/legal guardian who holds a valid visa or is renewing his/her visa at the same time as the child.
- Submit an original legalized Birth Certificate and a copy of the Parents’ valid visa(s)
- Neither parent may be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- You are not eligible for the interview waiver if you have had any visa application denied.
The Consular Section accepts applications for many visas without requiring a personal interview. To see if you qualify for interview waiver, please visit: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/
The Embassy remains closed for all routine cases that require interviews. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the instructions found at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-niv-expeditedappointment.asp to request an emergency appointment.
Thank you for your patience as our ability to provide services continues to evolve. Please continue to follow our website for any updates. https://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/