Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (March 28, 2020)
Location: Dominican Republic
Event: Resources for Resident U.S. Citizens in the Dominican Republic
U.S. citizens resident in the Dominican Republic should take a number of steps to prepare themselves during the COVID-19 pandemic. Ready.gov is a national public service campaign designed to educate and empower the American people to prepare for, respond to and mitigate emergencies.
Actions to Take:
- Store additional supplies of food and water.
- Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
- Have any nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins.
- Get copies and maintain electronic versions of health records from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other sources and store them, for personal reference.
- Talk with family members and loved ones about how they would be cared for if they got sick, or what will be needed to care for them in your home.
- Visit our Embassy page for alerts and messages to U.S. citizens. https://do.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
- Register to receive alerts through Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 U.S. Embassy website for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. Republica de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov