Location: Dominican Republic
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo will send an update at least once a week to ensure that all U.S. citizens in the Dominican Republic have the latest information on COVID-19.
The following information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- The Dominican Republic has 48,743 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 941 confirmed deaths.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates