Location: Dominican Republic
The following information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
· All travelers to the United States should continue to monitor the CDC website for testing and quarantine requirements, including state and local regulations related to travel.
· Beginning July 7, the government of the Dominican Republic has issued a revised curfew for the country. Failure to follow the curfew, including for U.S. citizens, may result in arrest and/or fines. Full details on the curfew can be found at https://presidencia.gob.do/
· Monday to Friday: 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., with a grace period for transit until 12:00 a.m.
· Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., with a grace period for transit until 9:00 p.m.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
· Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
· All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
· Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
· Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook