Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (January 11, 2021)
Location: Dominican Republic
The following curfew information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- The government of the Dominican Republic has extended the state of emergency and nationwide curfew. Failure to follow the curfew, including for U.S. citizens, may result in arrest and/or fines. Full details on the curfew can be found at https://presidencia.gob.do/
January 11-26 (M-F): Curfew from 5pm to 5am, with a grace period for transit until 8pm each day.
January 11-26 (Sa-Sun): Curfew from 12pm to 5am, with a grace period for transit until 3pm each day.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook