Alert – U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo (December 15)
Location: Dominican Republic
The following information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- Beginning December 16, the government of the Dominican Republic has issued a curfew for the National District and the provinces of Santo Domingo, Santiago, Duarte, La Vega, and Puerto Plata from Monday through Sunday from 7:00pm to 5:00am, with allowance for transit until 9:00pm. For December 24 and 31, the curfew hours will be from 7:00pm to 5:00am, with allowance for transit until 1:00am December 25 and January 1. Full details can be found at https://presidencia.gob.do/
- The Dominican Republic has 155,797 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,367 confirmed deaths.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates