Location: Dominican Republic
The following information has been updated on the Embassy Santo Domingo COVID-19 website:
- On December 23, the Dominican government instituted restrictions on airports in Punta Cana, Santiago, and Santo Domingo permitting only ONE person to accompany travelers inside the airport for arrivals or departures. One additional person can accompany travelers by vehicle but will not be allowed access inside the terminals. Cell phone use is not permitted inside the airports.
- Airports remain fully operational, however flights to and from the United Kingdom have been suspended.
- Starting January 1, all passengers are required to fill out an E-Ticket when entering or exiting the Dominican Republic. For each entry and exit a new E Ticket is required and the code generated upon form completion can be presented at the airport on a digital device.
- The Dominican Republic has 162,496 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,398 confirmed deaths.
There is a Level 3 Travel Advisory recommending U.S. citizens reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to health and safety measures and COVID-19-related conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Dial *462 to reach the COVID-19 hotline in the Dominican Republic for specific instructions if you have been exposed or are experiencing severe symptoms. Note: English-speaking operators are limited.
- All U.S. citizens must follow the restrictions put in place by the Government of the Dominican Republic.
- Flights remain available to the United States. Check with the airlines directly regarding booking flights.
- Have a plan to depart from the Dominican Republic that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Dominican Republic.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information and other global impacts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo
Non-emergency inquiries: SDOAmericans@state.gov
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates